Meaning of Life

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Meaning of Life

Post by King Bunny on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:26 am

Every forum sucks without this topic:

What is the meaning of life?

My view:

If I made a box, that box serves me. Its purpose of existence is to do whatever I want it to. Something's purpose is determined by its creator. If there is no God, then there is no purpose, and the purpose is free to be filled in by the "boxes".

If; however, there is a God, then our purpose is to serve Him, in whatever manner He wishes.

King Bunny
King Bunneh

Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by StandAloneComplex on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:34 am

StandAloneComplex wrote:
I think life is meant to be more complicated than just having one point. IF there WAS only one reason why we were alive, Sylv's right, we'd figure it out eventually. Then what? Monotony? What would one goal/point be worth if we knew what it was going to be when we achieved it?

I said this in KF...this is basically what I think about our purpose/point in life. I don't think we'll ever really know for sure.


Last edited by StandAloneComplex on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
StandAloneComplex
Moderator

Posts : 77
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 27
Location : Spain

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Krissy.Marie on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:34 am

We have no choice in what happens to us. Why would we need meaning.
"Only on Earth is there any talk of free will."

What happens will always happen.

So, even if I knew the meaning of life, would it matter?
avatar
Krissy.Marie
Moderator

Posts : 61
Join date : 2010-02-17
Age : 26
Location : Wonderland

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by King Bunny on Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:37 am

Yes. To achieve that goal, and accomplish that purpose... then grab a new one.

Its simply a vicious cycle of goals and achievements on a minor scale. Buy a nice car, get a bigger house, make people like me. Petty things like that

King Bunny
King Bunneh

Posts : 30
Join date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Hdeuce on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:42 am

The meaning of life, is the act of living. They are one in the same, if you are living, you are fulfilling your purpose in life.

_________________
avatar
Hdeuce
Moderator

Posts : 226
Join date : 2010-02-16
Location : Syracuse

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Brady on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:55 am

"Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations." -Monty Python
avatar
Brady
Newbie

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-02-17
Age : 26
Location : Cleveland OH

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Proditor on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 am

The meaning of human existence is to evolve. This takes time and is a lengthy process, so therefore in terms of "the meaning of life" we have two. A long term one, which is to survive as a species until we evolve further, and a short term one, which is to eat and reproduce. A higher entity is irrelevant to this either way simply because it has not revealed itself to us, so therefore it's existence is inconsequential for the time being. There is no point to carry an umbrella today if it may rain tomorrow.
avatar
Proditor
Jr. Member

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by CriminalAnarchist on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Proditor wrote:The meaning of human existence is to evolve. This takes time and is a lengthy process, so therefore in terms of "the meaning of life" we have two. A long term one, which is to survive as a species until we evolve further, and a short term one, which is to eat and reproduce. A higher entity is irrelevant to this either way simply because it has not revealed itself to us, so therefore it's existence is inconsequential for the time being. There is no point to carry an umbrella today if it may rain tomorrow.

so when you say evolve you mean physically adapting to our surroundings to survive?

_________________
"Poverty is an invention of civilization"-Sahlin

Buddha wrote:I'm not against abortions I'm just against women having another right.
avatar
CriminalAnarchist
Admin

Posts : 599
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 26
Location : buddha's imagination

http://rejectedsociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Proditor on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:56 am

Yes and no. We need to learn how to peacefully coexist with the planet, other life, and each other, stress on the planet and other life of course. Whether or not this happens after a physical change of any kind is the question. It may not be physical evolution that we need. Sooner or later the planet will cease to rotate, as will every planet. Sooner or later we will all die, and the universe will be devoid of all life. Then a large reaction will occur, which another species of life may choose to also call the big bang, and things will endlessly repeat as they will and have for infinitely long periods of time before us. Matter cannot be created nor destroyed and is ultimately only borrowed. Once the time has come, it is all renewed.

So, in a shorter explanation, the meaning of life is to exist in full. We have no meaning, we are pointless, and nothing we do matters more than anything man can comprehend. Unless there are other sentient species in the universe, which is likely, so in that case, nothing we do matters more than anything they can comprehend. The point of it all is that you would be happier if you were eating waffles right now.
avatar
Proditor
Jr. Member

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by CriminalAnarchist on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:26 am

hahahahaha the last line made me lawl

_________________
"Poverty is an invention of civilization"-Sahlin

Buddha wrote:I'm not against abortions I'm just against women having another right.
avatar
CriminalAnarchist
Admin

Posts : 599
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 26
Location : buddha's imagination

http://rejectedsociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Proditor on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:55 am

T'was the intention. But hopefully you got my point nonetheless. I'm not trying to sound depressing or anything, in fact, quite the opposite. I'm trying to say that if you spend too much time thinking about what could be, instead of going and doing the things you like, your life is wasted. You're just matter being borrowed to sit there. I would rather have lived a short life and died happy than live a long life and die contentedly.
avatar
Proditor
Jr. Member

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by CriminalAnarchist on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:58 am

no i read the whole post and i understand where you're coming from, although i have to say if one chooses to ignore/not care about the meaning of his/her life is it ever fulfilled?

_________________
"Poverty is an invention of civilization"-Sahlin

Buddha wrote:I'm not against abortions I'm just against women having another right.
avatar
CriminalAnarchist
Admin

Posts : 599
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 26
Location : buddha's imagination

http://rejectedsociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Proditor on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:03 am

Well, fulfillment is all in the eye of the beholder. And fulfillment is what I suppose every human is chasing. For some that means academic achievement, for others it means great personal harmony. Whatever it is in life that you seek, I feel that you should seek it, with all your effort. If nothing else, it will make you happy, and that, my dear, is as close to meaning of life as I suppose you can get.
avatar
Proditor
Jr. Member

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by CriminalAnarchist on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:22 am

you win.

_________________
"Poverty is an invention of civilization"-Sahlin

Buddha wrote:I'm not against abortions I'm just against women having another right.
avatar
CriminalAnarchist
Admin

Posts : 599
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 26
Location : buddha's imagination

http://rejectedsociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Proditor on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:45 am

"Drink powerthirst and you'll win at everything forever including, running, football, arson, weddings, art, and even irony."
avatar
Proditor
Jr. Member

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Buddha on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:45 am

The meaning of life is a old man who wears flowers on his head.

_________________
Work will set you free.
avatar
Buddha
Moderator

Posts : 120
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 71
Location : St.Paul

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by CriminalAnarchist on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:47 am

i thought it was an old man with flowers on his head and walks with a cane

_________________
"Poverty is an invention of civilization"-Sahlin

Buddha wrote:I'm not against abortions I'm just against women having another right.
avatar
CriminalAnarchist
Admin

Posts : 599
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 26
Location : buddha's imagination

http://rejectedsociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Buddha on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:50 am

i dont remember anything about a cane

_________________
Work will set you free.
avatar
Buddha
Moderator

Posts : 120
Join date : 2010-02-18
Age : 71
Location : St.Paul

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Proditor on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:52 am

I don't remember anything at all! Help! Something is seriously wrong!
avatar
Proditor
Jr. Member

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by CriminalAnarchist on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:09 am

Buddha wrote:i dont remember anything about a cane

that's because you're old and going senile

Proditor wrote:I don't remember anything at all! Help! Something is seriously wrong!

I will only help if you give me a cookie.

_________________
"Poverty is an invention of civilization"-Sahlin

Buddha wrote:I'm not against abortions I'm just against women having another right.
avatar
CriminalAnarchist
Admin

Posts : 599
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 26
Location : buddha's imagination

http://rejectedsociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Proditor on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15 am

Oh, so that's why I'm holding a cookie.. It must be destiny.
avatar
Proditor
Jr. Member

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by CriminalAnarchist on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:27 am

yes! wait what kind of cookie? o.0

_________________
"Poverty is an invention of civilization"-Sahlin

Buddha wrote:I'm not against abortions I'm just against women having another right.
avatar
CriminalAnarchist
Admin

Posts : 599
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 26
Location : buddha's imagination

http://rejectedsociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Proditor on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:30 am

Chocolate chip. The all around favorite.
avatar
Proditor
Jr. Member

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by CriminalAnarchist on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:34 am

hmmm...that could be meant for anybody then.

_________________
"Poverty is an invention of civilization"-Sahlin

Buddha wrote:I'm not against abortions I'm just against women having another right.
avatar
CriminalAnarchist
Admin

Posts : 599
Join date : 2010-02-16
Age : 26
Location : buddha's imagination

http://rejectedsociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Proditor on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:43 am

But the chips are arranged in the initials CA. Maybe the cookie is meant for somebody in California..
avatar
Proditor
Jr. Member

Posts : 50
Join date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Meaning of Life

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum