A Few Plays and Musicals

Go down

A Few Plays and Musicals

Post by Krissy.Marie on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:58 am

If you know little of theatre or don't get around it it much but still like to enjoy it, I suggest these if you ever come across the opportunities to see, read, or listen to...

[title of show]
by Hunter Bell and Jeff Bowen

Quite possibly the greatest musical in my opinion. It is about two guys writing a musical about two guys writing a musical about two guys writing a musical...You get it. The show involves the audience in the creation of the show and it's path to Broadway. Clever lyrics, great word use. Great acting, but it's not showing anymore. But I'd check it out one day if I were you.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
by Tom Stoppard

A great play, probably easier to follow if Hamlet has been read. Yes, it i about Prince Hamlet's childhood friends Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. The plot is all right, but the main thing I would read it or see it for are the quotes.
"Words, words...They're all we have to go on."

Waiting for Godotby Samuel Beckett

Probably the best aspect of this play are the ways to interpret it, psychologically, ethically, biblically, politically...the list goes on. It is even though to be of a homoerotic nature.

I just say it's worth reading because it can be interpreted using many devices and it helped me open my mind to look at texts and understand the deeper meanings.

A Long Day's Journey Into Night
by Eugene O'Neil

I had to read this play for school last year. It was probably the greatest thing I've read for school besides All the King's Men...

Anyway, it's about the struggles of a family. The mom's addicted to pain meds, and...It's just incredibly relatable no matter what your family situation is.

The Producers
Mel Brooks

A hilarious musical about two producers who find a way to beat the system. If they produce a crappy enough show, they can make a profit. So out comes the musical "Springtime for Hitler: A Gay Romp with Adolf and Eva at Berchtesgaden."

And it's a hit. They're imprisoned.
It's based off Mel Brooks' film of the same name. But the musical has a load of differences.

Those are only a few, probably my favorite stuff here. I'll most likely post more at a later time and dte.
Krissy.Marie

Back to top Go down

Re: A Few Plays and Musicals

Post by CriminalAnarchist on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:33 am

i loved the producers...but i love pretty much everything by mel brooks

i'm not too much into musicals but i'm gonna say Hair! only because it has some of the funniest songs.

Buddha wrote:I'm not against abortions I'm just against women having another right.
CriminalAnarchist
Admin

http://rejectedsociety.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down